Are you looking for a fulfilling volunteer opportunity? Meals on Wheels Diablo Region needs volunteer coaches for A Matter of Balance classes!
A Matter of Balance is a proven program designed to help older adults manage concerns about falls and promotes increased physical activity. Volunteer Coaches help participants become more confident about managing falls, help to identify ways to reduce falls, and lead exercises to help increase strength and balance.
MOW Diablo Region offers free training to volunteers interested in becoming a Certified Coach and provides all the tools needed to lead a class.
- In-person classes are held twice a week for 4 weeks for 2 hours each, or once a week for 8 weeks for 2 hours each.
- Virtual classes are held over Zoom twice a week for 4.5 weeks for 2 hours each, or once a week for 9 weeks for 2 hours each.
What do you need to become a Coach?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and comfort with using Zoom, and devices such as a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer
- Enthusiasm, dependability, and a willingness to lead small groups of older adults
- Ability to lead low-to-moderate level exercises
- Complete a 12.5-hour Coach training certification program.
- 6-month commitment required.
For more information about Coach training, contact Michele Alba, Fall Prevention Program Manager by filling out this form.