- Meal deliveries remain uninterrupted.
- Drivers continue to leave the meal on the senior's porch, ring the doorbell, and then to back away and watch the client get the meal.
- Clients are receiving 7 meals delivered every week.
- The new Grocery Bag program, in partnership with the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, continues for clients who can prepare a meal, but can't pick it up at the Food Bank.
- The new Breakfast Bag program continues to provide a week's worth of healthy breakfasts to our most food-insecure clients.
- Cafés have reopened on a limited basis. Proof of vaccination is required. Five frozen meals are still available for pick-up once a week. Reservations for attendance and pick-up are required. Call 925.395.4218.
- The Friendly Visitors program is gradually resuming in-home visits for vaccinated seniors and volunteers.
- Volunteers with the Friendly Callers program continue to make calls to any interested senior as they have since the program began in 2016.
- We continue to offer Friendly Helpers for those seniors who need someone to pick up a prescription, go to the supermarket or post office, or need help with other errands.
- Our Health and Wellness classes are being offered outside at limited locations. Contact Eileen Stephens at 925.482.2622 or email@example.com.
- Fall Prevention education and exercise classes are available online, over Zoom. Tablets are available to facilitate participation in online classes.
- We are still providing Fall Prevention Home Safety Modifications to seniors, 60 or older.
- All individuals interested in Home Safety Modifications must complete a COVID screener prior to scheduling in-home appointments by our fully vaccinated team. We require all parties to wear a mask and practice social distancing during visits by our team.
- Our Care Management department is still providing case management and crisis management services, both in person and over the phone.
- We are providing information to the seniors we serve about when and how they can get vaccinated.
- Volunteers are needed in Antioch, Brentwood, Pittsburg, and Bay Fair. If you are interested in volunteering, please apply online.
As the Covid-19 public health emergency continues to evolve, MOW Diablo Region remains committed to monitoring the situation and updating our clients, community partners, and staff with the latest recommendations and resources. The FAQs below answer your questions about meal production and deliveries and the safety of our senior clients and volunteers. Please visit www.coronavirus.cchealth.org for the latest information and public health resources.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Hear why frontline volunteer William feels that it is important to give back—especially now.