THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT YOGURT
April 15, 2020
Yogurt has been consumed by humans for hundreds of years. It's very nutritious, and eating it regularly may boost several aspects of your health. For example, yogurt has been found to reduce the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis, as well as aid in weight management.
Here are 7 science-based health benefits of natural yogurt:
- Yogurt provides almost every nutrient that your body needs. It is especially high in calcium, Vitamin B, and trace minerals.
- Yogurt, especially the Greek variety, is very high in protein. Protein is helpful for appetite and weight control.
- Some types of yogurt contain probiotics, which may boost digestive health by reducing the symptoms of common gastrointestinal disorders, such as bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Yogurt provides probiotics, vitamins, and minerals, all of which may boost immune health and prevent certain illnesses.
- Yogurt is rich in vitamins and minerals that play a key role in bone health. Consuming it regularly may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Regardless of its fat content, yogurt appears to benefit heart health by increasing "good" HDL cholesterol and reducing blood pressure.
- Yogurt is high in protein, which is very filling, and may improve your diet overall. Both of these aspects help with weight management.
Click on the info graphic below for 5 ways to get inventive with yogurt and make every day dishes a little tangier and a lot healthier!
The NEW NUTRITION FACTS LABEL
Serving sizes and calories are just a few parts of the Nutrition Facts label that have a new look. Learn how the label's makeover can help you make informed food choices. [Read More...]
WHAT'S YOUR MOVE?
Physical activity can make your daily life better. [Read More...]
6 strategies to live a heart-healthy lifestyle
When you choose healthy, behaviors, you can lower heart disease risk while also preventing other serious chronic conditions like type 2 diabetes and some kinds of cancer. [Read More...]